How it works: The Adventure Passport Ontario Summer Contest?
- Order a FREE Adventure Passport Contest Brochure card or print out one which is downloadable from the Adventure Passport Website.
- Go over the clues on the brochure and website while you plan your itineraries and where to stay in the Bruce County area. Of course, you can come for multiple day trips to the area, yet a weekend or week will give you enough time to find some of the stops. Some people even do it all summer long and submit the brochure in the fall. (Yet, remember the first 1500 get a FREE t-shirt.)
- Get a copy of the Priceless Grey Bruce Map within our Free Travel Kit or at any local Tourism Centre in the area. Most gas stations have them also.
- Assign someone to plug the GPS co-ordinates into your car GPS or, sign out for a GPW at any Bruce County Library. All you will need to do is get a library card. It is also great fun for the kids also for an afternoon at the library.
- There is also additional fun trying to local our Adventure Tundra truck which has a special bonus punch. You can find us by following our Bruce County twitter account or ExploretheBruce facebook account all summer long. We attend most local events.
- Start at a location near your cottage or campground. Bring a pen and paper, sometime you need to make notes for some clues on signs.
- A “D” symbol represents that their will be a yellow “Detour” sign somewhere in the location with a clue to find the box with a brochure card hole punch.
- At each Stop there will be a hole punch specific to each stop for you to stamp you entry card.
- When in doubt, search our website for Geocache coordinates which are hidden near each stop for clues.
- Bring a camera or video camera to capture your experiences along the way so that you can upload them to our contest based website for extra points and more prizes at the end of the season.
- The contest runs from May 1st 2011 to Oct 31st 2011.
- You require a minimum of 7 stops (hole punches on card) of the total of 12 to submit your card for the automatic prizes along with one of the grand prizes.
- Mail the card into the contact information on the card or drop it off before leaving Bruce County at one of the Adventure Passport brochure card drop off centers (They are all outlines on the website).
Enjoy your summer to the fullest by making the most fun and beautiful memories with family and friends. That is what this is all about!