Explore the Bruce “Adventure Passport FACTS” about Ontario’s best FREE Outdoor Contest starting May1st, 2011!
1. Started in 2005 as a tool to get local people to learn and enjoy more about Bruce County.
2. Over 30,000 people have participated generating an estimated 11 million in spending.
3. 46% of past participants are from Grey Bruce, 26% KW Cambridge Guelph.
4. Contest runs from May 1st to Oct 31st, 2011.
5. Average length by road is 600km to complete all the stops.
6. Over $10,000 in prizes to be won.
7. Printed 150,000 copies of the Adventure Passport.
8. Every student in Grey Bruce received a copy.
9. There are 12 stops plus a ‘bonus’ stop (The Adventure Tundra Vehicle).
10. ‘Detours’ are designed to create a sense of Adventure by putting twists within the route.
11. Geocaches are hidden near Adventure Passport stops to add more excitement to each destination.
12. The youngest person was 6 months old and the oldest was 82.
13. People plan their entire summer vacation around the Adventure Passport contest every year.